08/06/2013

Peacekeepers at Golan Heights: Syria welcomes Russia's offer

Syria.government.jpg

Syria welcomes Russia's offer to replace Austrian peacekeepers at Golan Heights

2013-6-8 

DAMASCUS, June 7 (Xinhua) -- Syria's Foreign Ministry hailed Friday the Russian offer to replace Austrian peacekeepers in the Golan Heights after Austria decided to pull out its troops due to the rising tension on the Syrian borders with the Israeli-occupied territory.

While lamenting Austria's decision to withdraw its 377 UN peacekeepers from the occupied Golan Heights due to the tension between rebels and government troops in the area, the ministry hailed Moscow's offer to replace the Austrian UN troops, pledging full cooperation in that regard.

On Thursday, the Syrian rebels briefly overran a border crossing near the Golan Heights, but the Syrian troops later clashed with them and recaptured the border point in al-Quneitra city.

Austrian Chancellor Werner Faymann and Foreign Minister Michael Spindelegger said the battles for controlling the border point at the Golan Heights pushed them to withdraw their troops. UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said he regretted such a decision by Austria.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Friday that his country was ready to replace the Austrian peacekeepers with Russian ones " if the regional powers show interest and if the UN secretary general asks us to do so."

"Given the complicated situation in the Golan Heights, we could replace the leaving Austrian contingent in this region on the border between Israeli troops and the Syrian army," he said.

A total of 1,000 UN peacekeepers have been observing a four- decade-old ceasefire between Syria and Israel at the Golan Heights captured by Israel in the 1967 Mideast war. But they have found themselves caught in the middle of violence between the Syrian troops and the rebels.

Over the past two months, a total of 25 Filipino peacekeepers had been kidnapped in two incidents by the rebels near the occupied Golan Heights.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-06/08/c_124830389.htm

Josephine Guerrero, spokesperson for the UN peacekeeping department, said that ‘while the offer was appreciated, the disengagement agreement and accompanying protocol do not allow the participation of troops from a permanent member of the UN Security Council’…

09/05/2013

Middle East ‘Peace Process’

US.Obama.Middle East Peace Process

As a reminder:

Nov 16, 2012

'Three More Palestinians Martyred on the Third Day of Israeli Aggression on Gaza'

GAZA, (SANA) – The death toll of the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip raised to more than 23 martyrs, more than 248, including 148 children and women, were injured as Israel carried out hundreds of raids on several areas in the Strip in the third day of its aggression.

The Israeli raids targeted the areas of al-Zaytoon, al-Shate', al-Nassr, al-Sheikh Zayed, Rafah, Khan Younes and Jabalia.

The Israeli media said that 2 Israeli settlers were killed and more than 40 others were injured by the missiles of the Palestinian resistance, adding that explosions were heard in Jerusalem.

The Palestinian Resistance also downed an Israeli war plane after targeting it with an anti-air missile and shelled the occupied al-Quds city with the advanced missile M 75.

In an indicator of escalating its aggression on the Strip, the Israeli occupation army announced the call-up of 16,000 reservists.

The Israeli aggression has so far focused on air strikes, but Israeli officials threatened to launch a land aggression.

In response to teh Israeli raids, the Palestinian Resistance fired tens of missiles on several Israeli sites south of the occupied Palestine.

The Palestinian Press Agency reported that a number of missiles hit al-Naqab, Asdoud, Asqalan, causing material damage and spreading panic.

Al-Manar TV correspondent in Gaza said that the Resistance targeted an Israeli military vehicle in al-Breij Camp in the Strip, adding that the Resistance's missiles hit a ten-story building and a parking in Asdoud settlement.

Izz-Eddin al-Qassam and al-Nasser Salaheddin Brigades announced shelling a number of Israeli sites and settlements with missiles.

In the same context, an explosion was heard this afternoon in Tel Aviv following sirens and five injuries in the ranks of Israeli settlers were reported due to shelling by the Resistance's rockets.

The Israeli media admitted, according to al-Manar correspondent, that the Israeli War Minister Ehud Barak and member of the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee at the Israeli Knesset rushed down to shelters after rockets were fired towards the Knesset in occupied Jerusalem.

Israeli media also admitted that three Israeli settlers were injured, one with a serious injury, due to the fall of the Palestinian Resistance's rockets on Asqalan in the south of occupied Palestine.

It also announced the cut-off of internet and mobile phone network and the collapse of the Zionist stock market, indicating a state of panic and shock among the Israeli settlers over the Resistance's shelling of Israeli sites.

English Bulletin

http://sana.sy/eng/22/2012/11/16/452770.htm


Middle East Peace Process - US Department of State
http://www.state.gov/www/regions/nea/peace_process.html‎
A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt

16/11/2012

The “Peace Process”: Israeli settlements and bombings

peace.process.Obama.Middle East Leaders.Oct.12.2010.jpg

Nov 16, 2012:

Three More Palestinians Martyred on the Third Day of Israeli Aggression on Gaza

GAZA, (SANA) – The death toll of the Israeli aggression on the Gaza Strip raised to more than 23 martyrs, more than 248, including 148 children and women, were injured as Israel carried out hundreds of raids on several areas in the Strip in the third day of its aggression.

The Israeli raids targeted the areas of al-Zaytoon, al-Shate', al-Nassr, al-Sheikh Zayed, Rafah, Khan Younes and Jabalia.

The Israeli media said that 2 Israeli settlers were killed and more than 40 others were injured by the missiles of the Palestinian resistance, adding that explosions were heard in Jerusalem.

The Palestinian Resistance also downed an Israeli war plane after targeting it with an anti-air missile and shelled the occupied al-Quds city with the advanced missile M 75.

In an indicator of escalating its aggression on the Strip, the Israeli occupation army announced the call-up of 16,000 reservists.

The Israeli aggression has so far focused on air strikes, but Israeli officials threatened to launch a land aggression.

In response to teh Israeli raids, the Palestinian Resistance fired tens of missiles on several Israeli sites south of the occupied Palestine.

The Palestinian Press Agency reported that a number of missiles hit al-Naqab, Asdoud, Asqalan, causing material damage and spreading panic.

Al-Manar TV correspondent in Gaza said that the Resistance targeted an Israeli military vehicle in al-Breij Camp in the Strip, adding that the Resistance's missiles hit a ten-story building and a parking in Asdoud settlement.

Izz-Eddin al-Qassam and al-Nasser Salaheddin Brigades announced shelling a number of Israeli sites and settlements with missiles.

In the same context, an explosion was heard this afternoon in Tel Aviv following sirens and five injuries in the ranks of Israeli settlers were reported due to shelling by the Resistance's rockets.

The Israeli media admitted, according to al-Manar correspondent, that the Israeli War Minister Ehud Barak and member of the Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee at the Israeli Knesset rushed down to shelters after rockets were fired towards the Knesset in occupied Jerusalem.

Israeli media also admitted that three Israeli settlers were injured, one with a serious injury, due to the fall of the Palestinian Resistance's rockets on Asqalan in the south of occupied Palestine.

It also announced the cut-off of internet and mobile phone network and the collapse of the Zionist stock market, indicating a state of panic and shock among the Israeli settlers over the Resistance's shelling of Israeli sites.

English Bulletin

http://sana.sy/eng/22/2012/11/16/452770.htm

----

Israel is 'deeply grateful to the United States'

card.jpg

1) On November 15, 2010, U.S. President Barack Obama praised Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for urging his cabinet to accept a U.S. proposal to extend a freeze on West Bank settlement building for 90 days. Under the plan, Washington would block UN resolutions critical of Israel, and supply Israel with fighter jets worth $3 billion. The US government also promised Israel that after the 90-day moratorium, they would not seek an extension, and settlement construction in the West Bank and East Jerusalem (all of which is illegal under international law) could continue unabated.

2) In February 2011, more than 100 nations voted for a U.N. resolution that would have condemned illegal Israeli settlements and halted any new construction. The United States vetoed it.

3) On February 19, 2011, Israel said it was 'deeply grateful to the United States' after it vetoed a United Nations resolution put forward by the Palestinian leadership condemning Israeli settlement activity.

4) On  Oct 27, 2011, Israeli jetfighters engaged in aerial bombing of the Palestinian city of Khan Yunes in the Gaza Strip.

16/10/2012

American 'Peace Process'

Israeli settlers from Bracha settlement throw stones at Palestinian farmers.jpg

'Group of Arab States call on UNSC to take action against Israel'

The Group of Arab States in the United Nations has called on the UN Security Council (UNSC) to act on Israel’s violation of human rights against the Palestinian people.

"The Arab Group deplores the continuous Israeli violations against the Palestinian population in the occupied Palestinian territory, including the blockade, aerial bombardments and extrajudicial killings,” said a Monday statement read out by the Egyptian permanent representative to the United Nations Mootaz Ahmadein Khalil.

Addressing the UNSC in an open meeting on the latest developments in the Middle East, particularly the issue of Palestine, Khalil reiterated that the aggressions against the people of Palestine by Israeli settlers has “reached unprecedented levels.”

Israeli settlers, mostly armed, regularly attack Palestinian villages and farms and set fire to their mosques, olive groves and other properties in the occupied West Bank under the so-called “price tag” policy. However, the Tel Aviv regime rarely detains the assailants.

"The desecration of Christian and Muslim shrines in the occupied territories including the recent 'price tag' attacks against churches and the storming of al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem this month, deserve special attention,” Khalil said.

“The recent threats to launch a full military operation against Gaza are additional reminders about the intentions of the occupying power," he added.

More than half a million Israelis live in over 120 illegal settlements built since the 1967 Israeli occupation of the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and East al-Quds (Jerusalem).

The Israeli settlements are considered illegal by the UN and most countries because those territories were captured by Israel in a war in 1967, and are hence seen as being subject to the Geneva Conventions, which forbids construction on occupied lands. 

AO/HMV

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2012/10/16/266936/arab-state...

Note: The US. government made a deal with Israel.  That's why all the UN-resolutions critical of Israel, are blocked...