29/11/2012

War with Syria: CIA-sponsored undercover operation

Operation 40.CIA-sponsored undercover operation.jpg

Operation 40 was a CIA-sponsored undercover operation in the early 1960s, which was active in the Caribbean (including Cuba), Central America, and Mexico. Created by US President Eisenhower in March 1960 after the 1959 Cuban Revolution and presided by vice-president Richard M. Nixon, it included people such as Frank Sturgis (who would later become one of the Watergate burglar), Felix Rodriguez (a CIA agent who later hunted down Che Guevara), Luis Posada Carriles (now held in the US under illegal immigration charges, he is demanded by Venezuela for his key role in the execution of the 1976 Cubana Flight 455 bombing), Orlando Bosch (founder of the CORU counter-revolutionary organization, which organized Chilean former minister Orlando Letelier's murder in 1976), Rafael 'Chi Chi' Quintero, Virgilio Paz Romero, Pedro Luis Diaz Lanz, Bernard Barker, etc. Members took part in the April 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion directed against Fidel Castro's regime.

Photo: the guys in the Operation, among those pictured are Felix Rodriguez, Porter Goss, Barry Seal.

05/08/2012

Syria: CIA and British MI6 responsible for killing Syrian Defence Minister ?

Are the CIA and British MI6 (Military Intelligence) responsible for the suicide bombing of July 18, 2012 that was called the 'final battle for the capital' and that killed three men at the heart of President Assad's defence team ?

Syria.Britain.Secretly.Equipping.Syrian.gangs.jpg

Some days ago President Obama signed a secret order authorizing U.S. support for the armed gangs seeking to depose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his government (but probably there were already secret missions without the U.S. Senate was informed about).

And yesterday the British Daily Mail reported that Britain is secretly providing the armed groups in Syria with the latest satellite phones...

-------

 

Daily Mail: Britain Is Secretly Equipping Armed Groups in Syria with Latest Satellite Phones

August 5, 2012 - LONDON, (SANA) - Britain is secretly providing the armed groups in Syria with the latest satellite phones that are designed to resist water, dust and shock, the British Daily Mail reported.

"The supply of the latest generation of handsets is part of the Foreign Office’s mission to mould militias into a coalition capable of governing the country," said an article published on Sunday.

It highlighted that the phones that are being supplied to the terrorist groups are used by the Ministry of Defense as they are "designed for rugged environments and are shock, dust and water resistant."

The newspaper cited British government sources as confirming that the "Foreign Office is teaching negotiation and ‘stabilisation’ skills to opposition leaders, and advising on how to address the Syrian people and international audiences," a mission that "is complicated by the expansion of the conflict to all Syria’s major cities."

The Daily Mail reported, according to military experts, that "the presence of Foreign Office officials and the provision of training and equipment to the opposition means that British Special Forces are likely to be operating in Syria."

It indicated that teams from those units are believed to be infiltrating into Syria from their bases in Jordan.

The British newspaper quoted a former British Army commander, Richard Kemp, a former member of the Government’s Joint Intelligence Committee, as saying "The UK Government cannot give practical support to the rebels without a presence inside Syria, and any Foreign Office officials seeking to liaise with the opposition leaders would require close protection from Special Forces."

British Foreign Secretary, William Hague, announced last week that Britain is stepping up what he called 'practical help' to the armed terrorist groups in Syria in the coming weeks.

Hague did not reveal the nature of this help, but said that more details on this additional support to the Syrian opposition will be provided soon.

------

'Three men at the heart of President Assad's defence team have died in a suicide bombing, Syrian state TV says'

BBC News, 18 July 2012 - The president's defence minister, brother-in-law and head of his crisis team were at a meeting at national security headquarters in Damascus.

No footage has yet emerged of the attack in which the national security chief and interior minister were also said to have been wounded.

It comes as rebels claim to have launched an offensive on the capital.

For the past three days, rebels have fought with troops in several parts of the city, declaring their operation, entitled Damascus Volcano, a final battle for the capital.

The rebel Free Syrian Army (FSA) and a jihadist group calling itself Lord of the Martyrs Brigade both said they were behind the security headquarters bombing.